top of page
Here's a few simple guidelines from the USBC to help make your bowling experience more pleasurable:
* Be ready to bowl when the pins are set, but wait until the pinsetting machine has completed its cycle and the sweepbar is raised to make your delivery. Throwing a ball before the machine is ready may damage the ball or equipment.
* Observe one-lane courtesy. The bowler on the right should bowl if both reach the approach at the same time. Stay off the approach while you wait.
* Taking too long to aim or get set up when you are on the approach delays the game.
* Try to remain in your approach area while delivering the ball.
* Step off the approach once you have delivered the ball.
* Good bowling requires concentration. Have fun, but keep in mind excessive movement or noise could be distracting when others are up to bowl.
* Excessive "lofting" hurts your game and damages the lane.
* Get permission to use another player's ball.
* Refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
* Play the game to win, but be a gracious loser. Good sportsmanship is always the key to a successful game.
* Wet shoes are a safety hazard. Watch where you are walking.
bottom of page